Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Slow knitting ahead

Well...still working on the shiny purple acrylic hat. Believe it or not, I'm having trouble finding a place for these hats and scarves to go. Lots of the links around are from 2002. I'm going to have to go a googling some more. There's always the Dulaan Project Call me goofy, but I kind of want the hats/scarves to (a) stay in the states and (b) be free to a good home. Not that I'm saying there's anything wrong with warming up Mongolian people.

I got a package from my mom with more of my Grandma's heirloom knitting supplies. Lots of sets of DPN. I guess that woman wasn't afraid to knit in the round. Little gauge rulers, and a gadget that will measure your knitting needle gauge. Something I didn't even know I needed because I have a bunch of unlabeled circular needles - and I've been wondering how big they are, and didn't want to have to use PI to figure it out. The mm sizes are diameter, right? Not circumfrence?

I spent some time tonight making a knit monkey button. Let's see if I got Hello to work right and post it for me.

No comments: