Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Leaving on a jet plane...

I'll be back next week. We're going to visit my grandparents & the rest of the family. For the life of me, I couldn't find any pictures of upstate New York that suited my memory of the place.
I've got the garter stitch blanket and the FMB packed. I wish I had a cute little sock all cast on and ready to go. The babysock didn't seem like appropriate carry-on knitting - the ball of yarn is gargantuan, the needles are metal, I have a 2 1/2 year old (combined with DPN sounds ill fated).

Packing my two favorite projects gave me an opportunity to work on one of the sweaters tonight. I was pleased to see that I had 9" done on the back (out of 15) before I started. I don't like the needles I'm using. They're basic straights, but they seem so long and dangerous, plus heavy and lopsided. I think I'm going to go through my heirloom needles and see if we've got any shorter ones of the same gauge.

See you guys soon.

No comments: