Sunday, December 11, 2005

Happy Birthday LaLa!


My LaLa is three today! She's such an amazing little girl. Somehow she tries my last nerve and melts my heart at the same time. Not sure what her secret is. We had a fun birthday - she helped make cupcakes this morning, funfetti. We had her cousin, who's 7 months older, and her parents over. The plan was lunch, cupcakes & ice cream, presents and make gingerbread houses. What really happened was: lunch, little girls play with toys, open presents, daddy and uncle assemble toys (an embarassment of baby doll equipment, a few games, Mr Potatohead, a story, a bucket of musical instruments), little girls play with toys, cupcakes and ice cream, little girls play with toys, Sesame Street Uno (everyone 11 and over) while little girls play with toys, gingerbread houses (everyone 11 and over) while little girls play with toys. They really didn't do much mischief either - there was some jumping on the bed, and they did feed one of the babies play-doh, but that was about it. Last week we saw my niece too, but the girls didn't get to play together and LaLa was hugely disappointed. I think she feels better now. Then fried eggs for dinner, bath, a game of Cooties, and falling asleep watching Cinderella. Life is not so bad.


In knitting news, the mittens are coming along. I, um, frogged them back to the cuff again and reknit them (again). We had gauge issues. The bigger needle size made them way huge. I got through the increases for the thumb and I had room for a couple extra fingers in the hand part. Not the look we were going for. So, I went from a 7 down to a 5 needle and did it in stockinette instead of garter stitch. The stockinette in the round goes really fast. I like that. Now I'm up to the top knuckle in my pinky, only a few more inches (I have long fingers). At this point, the second mitten should be a breeze.

Krista - if you're interested, the pattern I had was written in the flat - it depends if seaming is wose than DPN. I would be happy to drop it in the mail to you.

No comments: