Monday, May 01, 2006

And now for some actual knitting content

I have some nearly FO's!

The first FO completes the purple stripe set. The last item was the scarf, done garter-stitch, the long way. I like how it all turned out, co-ordinated, but not matchy-matchy. Sort of like home made striped socks. The yarn is TLC that I got on clearance at Michael's. I think I'm going to add some fringe to the scarf, and the ends need to be woven in, but it's otherwise done. No specific patterns were used.


This blue set needs a pom-pom on the hat and fringes on the scarf, and some ends woven in but is otherwise done. The yarn is LionBrand Wool Ease Thick N Quick, on clearance from Hancock Fabrics. I've probably used 1 1/2 to 1 2/3 skeins so far. The scarf is a basic garter stitch scarf on #13's, and the hat was inspired by CrazyAuntPurl's Brangelina hat, although not strictly adhered to. (I'm not so good at following directions.) This set also fits LaLa pretty well.

Also started my second Lorna's Laces Pewter sock. I really want to run to Joann's at lunch tomorrow and see if I can pick up a 2nd set of sock-size needles. There is something soothing lately about stockinette in the round, but I think I'll either stick to a UFO or start Wavy for my mom.

ETA: The two scarf/hat combos are going to the Dulaan Project.

No comments: