Wednesday, November 01, 2006

One of these things is not like the other...

One of these things just doesn't belong.

(Do you ever catch yourself spelling in your accent? I just typed "thangs" above.)

Here's the (nearly) current state of the Monkey's sweater.

IMG_5446
Click to get the big picture.

It's in Aruacania Nature Wool Chunky. A yarn with beautiful variation in color. And therein lies the rub. You can see where the first skein ran out in the body. Neither of which match either sleeve, and the sleeves, most notably, are completely unique. I have three more skeins of the yarn. Each one very different (at least in the hank) from the other. Tonight, I showed it to the Monkey and he got a funny look on his face. His persnickity 12 year old look. I asked him if he wanted me to knit a third sleeve and we'd see which two sleeves match the best, but he declined. Saying that being different is good. I asked him a bunch of times to see if he was sure and he seemed to be. I can't help but think he's being so flexible just to be difficult. This 12 year old business. Who can ever figure it out?

Are you ready for the really crazy part? I'm seriously considering picking some up for myself for a sweater. I really want to make myself a basic seamless sweater of some sort. And Webs still has it for a good price. Actually, I'm torn between the Nature Wool (regular or chunky), Cascade 220 Superwash, and Cascade Eco Wool + (such pretty colors!)

No comments: