Thursday, March 22, 2007

264: In the trenches of Motherhood

Or: All but war is simulation.

La is all about taking care of her baby Braedyn. Last weekend she realized that he needed new diapers. Blues Clues ones (Luvs). $11 for 40. (Not a bad deal if you have a real baby that makes real p00py. Not as much of a bargain if you only need 3 or 4, and they're probably too big to boot.)

We found some boy patterned cloth diapers and talked her into them. But the catch was that I had to alter them. So, we went from this:



to this:




















Braedyn is a "little mommy" baby. La got him for Christmas a couple years ago (age 2?) and has been playing with him non-stop since. I've made three of these, each a little different. I've got three more to go. But here's how I did this one. First, I trimmed off some excess from the diaper.














I turned under the raw edges, folded as described on the back of the package, sewed a line at the front and rear to keep the fold, and sewed on velcro rectangles (fitting it on to Braedyn before).















This is the outside, laid flat.








And voila! All done. La was using some of the trimmed off pieces for a blankey for Braedyn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I have this really neat opportunity to work with LUVS' new Bear Hug Stretch diapers, and I wanted to tell you more about it.

I couldn't find your email address here, so I thought I would try to reach you this way.

Please let me know via email if this is something you want to hear more about. Thank you so much!

Andrea
andrea@rocketxl.com