Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Do you ever get that feeling that all the ladies around you are expecting?

I think my list is 5. (1 in May, 1 in June, 2 in July, 1 in the fall.) That is a lot of receiving blankets. I think my gift for the May baby, a girl, is done. Big brother gift too (a cape).

Here's the last part of it: a 2 day baby hat.

baby watchcap

OK. So the picture is not super-fab. The yarn is Classic Elite Beatrice, which is still in stock at Webs. I wish now that I bought more. This baby hat ate up most of a 50 gram ball. The yarn is three strings plied together. And once you get used to that, it's fine. It's crazy soft. It would be great for knits for people fussy about wool. And it's machine washable. But, for a big-people sweater it would totally eat up a lot of balls of yarn. It seems like it blooms a little when you wash it, too.

Anyway.... this was knit on size 8 needles and mostly followed "The Baby Watchcap" pattern (Ravelry link). It was a good little project - one of those spur of the moment things. I needed something to do while I kept La company during bath. There was a dearth of traditonal pink yarns in the stash for a baby hat. But this was both "girly" and soft. And it turned out to be a two-day knit. What could be better? I love it when a plan comes together.

No comments: