Saturday, April 09, 2011

Bound and ready

The quilt for the monkey is finished!  Bound, washed, and in his room.  I had the pleasure of taking it out of the dryer today, and it was just right.  Crinkly and bendy and great.

He picked out this fabric for the binding from stash. I had picked out red, but he didn't like it. It's Joel Dewberry from the Chestnut Hill collection.  I bought it to make a skirt for me, so there is plenty left for coordinating pillow cases. 

binding.

I got it sewn on and washed and this is what we have now:

front with back

washed and wrinkly

Pattern:  Plain Spoken from the "Modern Quilt Workshop" by Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr.
Fabric:  Front is Kona Cottons in greens and browns.  Back is a 108" wide batik from my LQS.  Binding is Joel Dewberry - Black Eyed Susan from the Chestnut Hill Collection.
Quilting:  Darlene Arnswald used the River Run pantograph. 
The Upshot:  I'm really pleased with it.  I've liked the pattern for a long, long time and am glad that "the monkey" picked it out for his quilt.  The palette is nice, although it could be construed as somewhat camoflagey.  However, we were going for soothing tree tops.

2 comments:

cauchy09 said...

i love the greens and browns you chose and your quilting is beautiful! congrats on a great quilt!

Ruth said...

I really like this! I used to quilt, but don't have room in this house (I like to work with everything out so that I can see colors and where I'm going). Maybe after a few kids leave I can appropriate a bedroom .... :)