Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A summer FO

I can't believe I finished this in July and haven't posted it yet.



I finished it while I was in India this summer.  Here's the skinny:

Pattern:  Graphic Kerchief by Ce Persiano
Yarn:  Cascade Yarns Heritage Paints for the main color and Cascade Yarns Heritage Silk for the contrast.
Mods:  I left out the colorwork part - I realized well into it that I was measuring it wrong and so all of a sudden it was at the "finished size".  Also, I don't think I did the contrast color bind off stuff right - I think I joined on the wrong type of row (wrong side/right side)
Overall:  The pattern was pretty fun in retrospect - the challenge is that you're knitting it from the top left corner as shown in the picture.  The right edge and the left edge increase at different rates - this was kind of hard for me to manage at first, but I got used to it.  

No comments: