Sunday, March 29, 2015

Finished knitting (from Stash!)


I've been swamped with regular stuff - Girl Scouts, soccer, work, etc.  Here are a few of the things that I finished recently.


1.  Haven't woven in the ends for this yet.  It is Favorite Scarf Ever.It's all with stash.  DSC00716

I started it with Socks That Rock in Thistle. Finished "Eleanor" socks

My original plan was to make large stripes and use up a bunch of sock yarns.  But I decided to do two row stripes a la the knitting trend from a few years ago, where people were using two contrasting shades of Sock that Rock and working up this magic scarf in a feather and fan pattern.

So, I switched to my leftover Zaurball stargazer lily socksand a leftover purple Crock O Dyebaby sweater - detailand let he magic ensue.   It bothered me that the one end was the thistle, so I when I couldn't take it anymore, I used up the rest of the thistle and finished both the scarf and the ball of yarn.

2.  It got pretty cold here in February.  I may have been in a situation where it made sense to give my warm, knit from handspun mittens away.  I have to say that I really had to think twice about it - they're so soft and warm and they go with my hat.  But then I remembered a skein of Noro that I had been saving specifically for mittens for myself.  This is what I did with them - kind of basic long fingerless mitts.  They may be slightly asymetrical in real life too - I was having trouble counting the rows with this yarn.


DSC00714

No comments: