Sunday, May 01, 2005

Progress on the French Market Bag

I've been working on the French Market Bag pretty much exclusively. I'm up to the handles now. It turned out to be a bigger project than I anticipated. I'm thinking of making Mason-Dixon ButtonHole bags for my mom and sister now instead of the FMB.

I also made a mitered corner square out of some of the vintage wool to see (a) how to do a mitered corner square and (b)to see if/how it felts. I'm planning to felt it with the FMB. I think next on the needles are the felted ballet slippers for La-la, and I need to get cracking on my red scarf, if I want to make the deadline. I think I'm about 2/3 of the way done with it.

I'm also thinking that I could make a tote bag out of the mitered squares. I might have to draw some pictures, but maybe that's what the FSU bags will be - snazzy striped mitered squares.

No comments: