Sunday, August 28, 2005

2 Socks Done!

Hooray for finished socks! My first garment made for me...done! I'm debating wearing them to work tomorrow, but I've got to take care of the end from the cast on. I guess I could always just tuck it inside. tee-hee.

Whenever I knit in the round, everything ends up at an angle instead of straight up and down. Why is that? Does that happen to anyone else out there? Could it be a symptom of "tight knitting"? Or a symptom of not swishing the work around the needles soon enough and stretching to get the next stitch? This happens to hats, the socks I did, and I think maybe even to my french market bags, although, it seems to go away in felting and/or the wash. Maybe just blocking is the answer.

Instead of moving on to do one of the four projects I've got cast on, I went to work on a London Beanie for one of the monkey's friends. It'll be Emerald/Forest green with yellow stripes. I just realized that we've got an RGB set of hats - the beanie for the monkey was garnet colored with yellow stripes and the one for his other friend was navy blue with yellow stripes (red, blue, green).

I'm so pleased with the sock success that I've decided to knit socks (potentially the Padded Footlets from the Summer 05 Interweave Knits). I'm planning to make my mom the laptop case from the Fall 05 IK. I guess if I can find a pattern to make from each magazine, I'm getting my money's worth, eh?

I'm hoping to tear through this hat for the boy's friend so I can move on to something else (new, not the denim colorway sweater, seed stitch scarf for me, or feather and fan shawl for me, although there's something to be said for finishing one of them.) Maybe I'll finish my scarf first, then cast on for something else. I feel like I've got to get a lot of stuff done before it gets cold out (It's almost September already! ((it doesn't get cold here until after Halloween))) holiday/birthday gifts, and also before I need to start whipping out baby gifts for our former neighbor-lady, who is due in the spring. Plus, I've spent so much time thinking about these projects, that I'd like to get some of them done.

No comments: