Thursday, February 02, 2006

Casting on...and frogging

Well, the scarf for my dad is officially frogged - it was only at 3 rows, and I needed to rip it out anyway, and I needed the baggie. I'm at the first heel of the fuzzy feet. The directions for turning the heel don't make much sense - I need to take a look around and see if the numbers are right.

So I gave up on that and cast on for a baby hat for the shower. It's LionBrand Cotton Ease, I think in Candy Blue, from the stash. This is why I needed the baggie. I had trouble settling on a pattern - first I was going to do a square hat, with the pointy corners (I saw it on a blog somewhere, and emailed a link to myself, but I need to go home and look for it - I couldn't find it again with a regular search recently). Then a rolled edge hat with an umbilical thingy. Now, it's based on how I remembered Odessa looking, but my memory is not that accurate. So, so far it's 3x3 rib for about an inch, then I was going to do a traveling rib, hoping to give it a pinwheel top. Who the heck knows if it'll work, but it's worth a shot. Hopefully I'll be able to make some little socks too, but I'm not holding my feet to the fire about it.

No comments: