Tuesday, February 28, 2006

WIP Contemplation

I have a toddler sized sweater in my WIP queue. It's no longer listed in my status/progress list. Because, frankly, I really don't want to work on it. I had this goal of knitting a sweater. I bought two books with super-cute kid sized sweaters. I found one and started it. And hated working on it. I was using straights. It was a whole bunch of boring stockinette (which is what the varigated yarn really does require) but it was in back and forth, in pieces. Knowing what I know now, if I were to start another sweater, I'd do it top-down, in the round, I think. I had intended the sweater for Dulaan, although it would have fit LaLa OK and been in her colors.

I don't think I want to work on the sweater. So, I'm going to rip the back and reknit it all into a hat, scarf and mittens and send it to Dulaan. OK - I have no timeframe on all of this, but at least I can reclaim my tote bag and refile the yarn.

The petwer Lorna's Laces socks I started? I don't think I like the ribbing pattern I picked for the calf. I think I want to do it in regular stockinette, with a rolled cuff. I think I'm going to rip that back too. Even more, I don't think I want to work on grey socks right now. I think I want to work on wacky-colored ones.

I'm mostly done working on a little blue baby hat for my sister, and I think it'll round out the pre-baby giftage nicely. I used some of the Elann's fake-Cascade Fixation. I kind of want to knit what I have left of it (about 1 1/2 balls) into theese footies (or similar) for myself.

Next up after the baby hat? I think my knitting priorities are (in no particular order) purple mittens for my aunt, the navy blue baby blanket, and a scarf for my mom (using Cascade 220 superwash, not sure of a pattern, but the yarn is turquoise). After that batch of goals, the baby blanket for my nephew, and other projects TBD.

No comments: