Monday, March 06, 2006

So, after that day of knitting I was pretty sore the next day

And it was the day of the bowling party at work. Go figure. I used my repetitive stress knitting soreness as my excuse for bowling a 50 in the first game. I did get like a 102 or so on the second game. I was in 3rd place out of 5 for our lame lane.

Still, the knitting trooper that I am, I managed to crank out the second mitten and get to the heel of the sock. I'm about halfway through the heel flap. The pattern I'm using is loosely based on "Retro Anklets" from Socks Socks Socks.

I started a scarf for my mom. It's cascade 220 superwash in a really vibrant turquoise (DH's scarf, I put through the washer and man is it soft.) I decided to go with a reversible cabled scarf pattern. This one(it's a PDF) (Here's her blog.) I loved the squishyness of it. And reversiable cables. What's not to love? Again, I had to try a bunch of things though to get to the point where I could commit to the pattern. I tried the cabled scarf pattern (well, 2 or 3 rows of it) but thought 48 stitches was way the heck too wide. I tried it with 32 stitches and once I got past the first cable, I could see the merits of 48 stitches. The cable scrunches it up something fierce. Then I tried sand stitch. But you really can't see the stitches that well, other than the gleam of stockinette. So, I went back to the original pattern with the original number of stitches. I think it'll be gorgeous.

I'm trying to shake off a cold, and I'm tired, so I'm going to retire. Maybe I can get a head start on tomorrow. My goodness. I just went on a search for the color of the Cascade Superwash I'm using and ended up at Little Knits. She's got it on sale for $7.50. I didn't froogle it or anything, but that seems like a darn good price. Lots of pretty colors to choose from too. It seems like good "wardrobe" yarn to have on hand, especially if you have it in colors that coordinate. Hmmm.

No comments: