Thursday, March 09, 2006

Things have been pretty quiet here

I've been working on my fun and stripe sock. Turned the heel and finished the gusset. On the home stretch now. I'm really happy with it so far, and would have to classify it as "nearly perfect".

I "discovered" a new author, Carl Hiaassen. I'm reading Skinny Dip, and it's very good. Normally, I only like books set in Florida in theory - I want to like them but they're too something. I think this captures the feel of South Florida, as I remember it pretty well. It's a little Miami Vice-ish, but you really do get a lot of fly-by-night operations there. I've often thought of Florida, and South Florida in particular as one of the last frontiers. I also really like the enviromental themes covered in the story.

I'm feeling better, and LaLa seems to be feeling better, now DH has the virus and a sinus infection. Isn't that the way it goes.

No comments: