Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I won a contest! I won a contest! And other randomness.

1. The contest was over at MelissaKnits. She was looking for a name. Still deciding, it looks like.

2. There has been a lot of talk of Whoopie Pies over at Mason-Dixon. Been making me crave them. Turns out there's such a thing as peanut butter whoopie pies. Found Whoopie Pie recipes here that are the same as my mom's. I found a Pumpkin Whoopie Pie recipe at Frog It! last fall - it was delicious. Looking back at my mom's recipe, it's hard to believe that there were raw egg whites in the frosting. The cookies never lasted long, so it probably wasn't too much of a risk.

3. Knitting Knews. (who can resist a play on the silent K?) The gray sock I've been working on at work is ready to kitchner. Only, I didn't have a needle at work, and I forgot to bring the sock home.

4. The sideways garter stitch scarf is still close to being finished. That was my Boy Scout knitting project this week. It's a little tedious and starting to get kind of unwieldly.

Ok, I've been sucked into another Janet Evanovich book (#4 of the Stephanie Plum series), and I wanted to be able to read for an hour before bed. Have a good day tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!
You deserve to be spoiled, and often!