Saturday, August 12, 2006

Next on the needles!

I finished the socks for my BIL finally. socks This is an in-progress photo of the first one. It's the green one.

I cast on for the second of Dh's socks. It's a lot like the brown one above.

I started on the scarf for my mom again. This time it's a keeper. It's not Knitty's Wavy. It's not the "Not Quite Straight Scarf", (however, that's still a contender for future work.) It's a lengthwise garter scarf. In a palette reminiscient of Denyse Schmidt's Flea Market Fancy fabric line. Go figure. Cascade 220 Superwash in the colors I had on hand. I discovered that orange and turquoise look surprisingly nice together during La's sweater. IMG_5051

I also started swatching for a sock for my sister. Now, I don't know how you swatch a sock, but I really don't swatch very much (my tse-tse fly attention span is the real limitation on the projects I make. However, I can see a need to worry about gauge at some point down the road.) So, anyway. Swatching a sock. I'm really not sure where to begin with this story. I have two yarns that I thought were contenders for my sister. One was a yarn (Lorna's Lace's Icehouse) that she included in my birthday present in the hopes that I would knit her a pair (I'm not sure how this sounds on it's own, but she gave me yarn for three pairs of socks. All Lorna's Laces.) I'm thinking about trying Jaywalker with it. IMG_5050 It turns out that I couldn't start this sock because my size one needles were in the sock for DH.

The other was a skein of Cherry Tree Hill Supersock, (potluck, water family) Lots of colors in it. So, I was going to try a plain stockinette sock. Here's how it's looking so far. Robin's egg blue seems to be the color that speaks loudest. None of the colors run for very long, and there are a lot of colors in it. IMG_5049

Ha ha ha. You remember how I was thinking about a sweater for the Monkey? Webs has Araucania Nature Wool and Nature Wool Chunky on for $4.69. I got Nature Wool, color 40 (perhaps an olive color?) for a sweater for DH and a cranberry color of Nature Wool Chunky for the monkey.

No comments: