Thursday, October 19, 2006

P is for Popcorn!

Still working on getting caught up with the ABC-along.

The monkey is in Boy Scouts, and they sell popcorn every fall. For the last -mumble mumble mumble- years I've been either the popcorn chair or co-chair. Since he was a Bear in Cub Scouts, I think. Or a 1st year Webelo. Not sure which. Anyway, it's been a while.

Today is the due date for the final popcorn order and the prize order and any returns from the first order (we do one order, then the boys can sell at booths outside stores, or do neighborhood blitzes, where they sell and deliver popcorn) That first order is always a crapshoot, but it's better to err on the side of too much, just in case this is information you might need one day. I got all of my returns and orders submitted before I got to bed last night, and I slept better than I have in a while. I always manage to bungle the prize orders, but I think for the first time I may have gotten in right. Let's hope so.

Things are quiet on the popcorn front, until it's time to pick up the last order in early November. Then distributing the popcorn to the boys to deliver, collecting money, getting prizes and then we're done.

Isn't the sign snazzy? DH made that in AutoCad. He's darn handy for things like that.

It's very good popcorn - my personal favorite is the Chocolate Caramel Crunch.



One of the things that they don't tell you about when you sign up for this job is the smell of popcorn that greets you when you open the door.

No comments: