Sunday, December 10, 2006

Unventing

Y'all see the new issue of Knitty? Lots of nice things in there. One that struck me was Monkey (and not just because of the name). I emailed myself a link to a scarf pattern in October, with the note "This is a scarf, but I think it would make a nice sock." This was the link I sent myself. The pattern really does look nice as a scarf and as a sock. Looks like someone did the work of figuring it out for me (and I really want to knit it. I think I can find the right yarn in my stash.)

I just barely got my mittens sent in. I think on Wednesday. Hopefully the UPS store guy didn't do the postal equivalent of spitting in my beer (this post sounds really grouchy so far, doesn't it? I'm really not sure why and I don't think I mean to come across that way. sorry.) [this is all for large padded envelope.] The first price he quoted me was $24 for guaranteed (confirmed?) 2 day delivery to Buffalo from the Orlando suburbs. But it was $6.50 for Priority Mail. What about first class? Thinking I didn't *really* need to have it be definitely there by the deadline. $2.25. Kind of amazing that I could send it via USPS-first class for 10% of the price. So, anyway, I'm hoping that I didn't push my luck with the UPS guy and the mittens are warming up the dead letter office.

I got the first jaywalker sock so that it might be ready to kitchner. Decided to leave it on the needles for a fitting. My sister (aka the recipient) is going to be in town next weekend and I figured we could assess the sock then.

Also finished the gusset and am on the stockinette home stretch of my pink and grey sock. It felt good to get the Jaywalker to that point and also to make some progress on something for me.

Two Socks

I ordered some yarn a while ago. I've gotten sucked in to the Red Scarf vortex. There have been a lot of very pretty FOs posted of late and I got all inspired and stuff. Here's what I've got so far.

Red Scarf The pattern is the "Not Quite Straight Scarf". The way the colors are turning out, reminds me of this wrapping paper we have. Wrapping Paper

LaLa turns 4 tomorrow. Hard to believe.

No comments: