Friday, January 12, 2007

Hooray for the FO!

I ended up making a red scarf for the Red Scarf 2007 effort. I wasn't going to. For one thing, that red scarf I made for DH, Cascade 220 superwash, size 7 needles, I think it took about 3 decades to do it. For another thing, I didn't have any nice red yarn - I'd really rather knit this kind of thing from stash yarn. Oh, and I really don't like red that much.

But there were so many pretty red scarves coming out. One that was knit "the long way" that was red and yellow and orange and a bunch of colors and it was fabulous. I have no idea where I saw it, but it was fabulous. And there were some really nice ones from Norma, particularly, some multi-direction ones with chocolate yarn and a multi-color Lorna's Laces Swirl.

So, I shopped around and found some really pretty Lorna's Laces Swirl Chunky at Little Knits. And looked through the scarf ideas I'd been emailing myself and found something good.


Red Scarf 2007

Red Scarf 2007 with DoodleMonster

The Particulars:

Yarn: Lorna's Laces Swirl Chunky (merino/silk blend) in Mother Lode.
Needles: aluminum straights, heirloom, size 13.
Pattern: Not Quite Straight Scarf by All Buttoned Up, which was delightful to knit and really looks nice in the yarn. Since the yarn was probably more bulky than the pattern was written for, I had 27 stitches wide for the main part (instead of 33), but would have been OK with a few less.

No comments: