We went to see my sister and her family this weekend. It was a great opportunity for (a)car knitting and (b)to finish her socks (that I started around Labor Day). Embarassingly, I finished at least 2 pairs for me while I knit her two socks. I worked on them on the drive down and during any spare time while we were there. I finished them up less than an hour after we left their house. Isn't that how it always goes?
Here are the specs: Grumperina's Jaywalker. Lorna's Laces Icehouse.
As much as I was plodding through the first sock, the second really was a lot faster. I think it was all user-issues more than anything. I really like how the socks came out.
Modifications: I suspect the sock is shorter than the pattern and I left 19 stitches on each of the sole needles - I was concerned about width across the foot. So, then since I didn't have matching numbers, I just did a generic toe. I think it would have been worth continuing the zig-zags on the top of the toe because by dropping all of the increases and decreases it made for slightly funky fabric. Not quite the look I was trying to achieve, but not worth worrying about.