Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Patons SWS

Here's what I made with my 2 skeins of Patons SWS in Natural Geranium (in reverse order).

1. A roll-brim hat. Size 9 needles, 64 stitches. Approximately 4-6 year old sized. For the Dulaan basket.

roll brim hat

2. Voodoo wrist warmers for myself. Well approximately voodoo. Size 9 needles, 30 stitches in 3x2 rib. Modeled by the remote control.
Voodoo Wrist Warmers

I have to say that I like the yarn. I'm sort of sick of this particular color scheme, but I like the yarn. It's soft. It's sort of squishy, so it doesn't have the same body/ability to hold it's own weight as a generic wool, but it's soft enough to use for a scarf, I think. And I like the color sequences. From what I've read about it, it felts like the dickens and it's pretty easy to end up with something way smaller than expected. So, swatch.

Here's what else I've been up to:

spiral hat - top spiral hat - front
The varigated green spirals in a way that I totally could not have planned. You have to love remainders in a time like this. I also love that it still managed to kind of work on the decreases. I've got a pair of mittens that coordinate in the works - they only need thumbs. It's to replace this set, that I knit last summer on the cruise.

FL000021 FL000025

No comments: