Monday, November 02, 2009


So, I finished a few quilts (finally). I started these during my maternity leave, approximately 22 months ago. I'm not sure what took so long to quilt it, but it did and it turned out to be not so bad and it's done and given to Project Linus. Hopefully will find a loving home.
jelly roll strip quilt

The back is a striped flannel, similar color palette.

Stripes with stripes

A little ric-rac in the binding. I do not know why this amuses me so, but it does.

I also finished this quilt - started at the same time. I didn't like the backing flannel I picked out for it, so I had one of my design consultants help decide from stash. We went with the fruit print that I adore. Also, given to Project Linus.

Rail Fence from Jelly Roll

Rail fence with back

Another recent project - one of my friends approached me and showed me a bib that she had that just fit her 18 month old, but was a little too small for her 3 year old. It was made from flannel, and it velcroed around the neck and waist and was nearly perfect for what she used it for (car rides with drinks, keeping clothes clean). But she only had two and .... So I borrowed one, traced it and this is what I came up with...

Tuxedo style bibs

Got some feedback and made a few more.....

more Tuxedo style bibs

I have two more quilt tops to show next time.....

No comments: