I don't know why, but the subject just makes me smile.
But here's what I like about it...
1. My picky eater daugter will eat it.
2. It's easy to make in the oven and finish at the same time as the eggs. My genius brother in law taught us how to make it in the oven. My aunt taught us out to make it in the microwave. Turns out the directions are on the back of the package. The oven method doesn't work as well with the thin center cut bacon. Also, it's helpful to put down foil (for in the oven, not the microwave).
3. Bacon cheese burgers. I am not a burger person. Or, really, a cheese person. But somehow bacon makes it OK.
4. Bacon Lettuce and Tomato sandwiches. They remind me of flying into Vero Beach with my family for lunch. It turns out I'm kind of picky about BLTs. They should be on toast. There is a right side for the mayo (the tomato side). I thought everyone knew these things. Oh, and you know what is good on a BLT? Ranch dressing. Also, avocado.
5. You know, my other daughter really likes bacon too.
6. Bacon and eggs. Or bacon and pancakes. yum.
7. Oh, and a good bacon substitute if you are at Bagel King (which is pretty kosher)? Grilled pastrami. My husband says this is not bacon and only wishes it was bacon. But if you can't have bacon.....
8. I like the cult food status of bacon. It's sort of a strange mix of hip and cheesy.
9. Thick cut Center cut bacon. Yum.
10. Best thing about bacon? You put it on anything and it becomes gourmet. e.g. filet mignon, scallops, cocktail weenies, etc.