Friday, October 08, 2010

Adventures in Sewing

La and El picked out 6 fat quarters each at the local quilt shop a while ago. No real purpose intended, but it helped them behave while I got what I was looking for.

I think one of the ladies suggested this, but La (age 7) decided that she would sew El's into a quilt for her sister. She was going to sew the ones she picked out into a quilt for El also, but I talked her into sewing it and keeping it for herself.

La laid them out in the way she wanted to have it assembled. I pinned it together and then drew a sewing line using the disappearing ink pen. I sat next to her as she sewed, and she did a good job. Then, when she was done piecing the top, I put flannel on the back, using the pillowcase method.

Here's El's:

FQ Quilt

FQ quilt

And La's:

FQ Quilt

FQ quilt

No comments: