Fall (as we know it in Florida) is one of my favorite seasons. I can't decide if fall or spring is my favorite.
1. It is the beginning of sock season. Flip-flop season is very long in Orlando. 2/3 of the year, probably. This is not as good for someone who likes to knit wool socks.
2. Halloween decorations. The younger kids in my house start planning for Halloween on November 1. My husband made us wait until October to decorate the house (that was fine by me). We got out the decorations and put them up last weekend.
3. The soccer games start to cool off. It really starts to be a lot easier to do things outside.
4. Hurricanes tend towards the Atlantic. (Or the Northeast, but not Florida.) Once there start to be cold fronts in play, it really changes the dynamic of tropical weather. [disclaimer: my degree is in computer science, not meteorology. My only qualification is that I've lived in Florida since I was 5, and that really isn't a qualification at all.]
5. The sky is a gorgeous color in the fall. Not the faded out summer color. But a spunky robin's egg blue, almost.
6. The smell of fireplaces in the evening. I have no idea why so many homes in the area have fireplaces, but they do. This is totally different than where I grew up.
7. Carving pumpkins and roasting pumpkin seeds. Also, going to the pumpkin patch. The whole pumpkin experience.
8. Apple pie. And Thanksgiving.
9. Marching band. I'm not currently involved in band, but the smell of fresh cut grass in the fall gives me flashbacks.
10. Knitting weather.