Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Knitting projects

Here are the knitting projects I'm started recently:
1.  A Clapotis for my sister.  It's in Cascade 220 Superwash Paints.  It is super fun to knit - there is something about it that is transfixing.  It's just interesting enough, between the colors and getting another repeat done to drop a stitch.  Much like Monkey socks in that sense.  It's about 6 or 7 repeats wide.

Clapotis scarf

2.  Socks for DH.  I re-animated this project from 2006.  I think I stopped working on it when I realized that the second foot would not match exactly.  I was looking around for yarn to start a pair of socks for him and found some brown striped sock yarn.  Then thought.  Shoot.  If I'm going to make brown striped socks, let's finish these.  I didn't care that much any more that they would not exactly match - and he didn't either.  Function over form.
Socks for Mike

Also active, I'm still working on a pair of socks for my sister.  :) 

No comments: