Friday, January 13, 2012

Baby Gifts!

There are a couple of new babies out floating around.  Max and Caleb.  They are cutie-patooties.

1.  Max belongs to friends of ours in town - La and I got to stop in over the break and drop off their gifts finally.  He was snoozing when we stopped in.  They did not share ahead of time whether the baby was a boy or a girl, so he got a red hat and monkey blankets.  I liked Red as a unisex color anyway, but they're also Cardinal fans.  So it's good. The hat is Cotton-Ease and was knit top down starting with a 4 stitch i-cord.
 Gift for Baby Max

2.  They've also got a 3 year old girl, so I put together this doll quilt and baby hat for her.  The hat was made the same way as the other one.The backing was some stash that I really like, but never quite knew what to do with it.  I think this was the right thing.
Big Sis Giftdoll quilt back

3.  The next baby is Caleb - he belongs to a friend I've known since 1st grade.  They're in Montana.  He's got a couple of board books, flannel receiving blankets and a Pixie hat (the vintage pattern)!  I know I've got a picture of it all the way finished but it is still on my camera.  The construction of the hat was sort of peculiar - I relied on photos others had in Ravelry to figure it out.  Instead of the button strap, I made an attached i-cord tie.  It is slightly wonky, but should stay put.  El, my 4 year old is asking for a hat like this.  She tried on the hat I made several times.  It almost fit - if I switched to a worsted weight yarn, I think it would fit and I wouldn't have to change the numbers.
Pixie Hat - halfway doneGift for Baby Caleb W.

No comments: