Thursday, January 03, 2013

Knitting on Vacation

I've been getting some stuff done.  Probably not as much as I'd like, but what can you do.

1.  I finished this do-over bag.  I may make another one - I'm not happy with how the handles are, I should have knit 5-7 more rounds.  But I was just done.  Plus, I think I'd like the bag to be smaller.  I have another skein of the gray - Paton's Merino or Classic Wool or whatever they're calling it these days.  The purple is some kind of economy wool - knit picks or similar.  It'll be good for carrying a pair of socks, though.

Button Hole Bag

2.  I finished the first sock of a pair for my mom.  I used more of the skein than I normally do and it had me on the edge of my seat.  It's Paton's Kroy.  I have two pairs of socks for myself out of it, and I've decided that I like the yarn a lot.  I got the second sock started. Socks for Mom

3.  I pulled together this headhuggers hat in Rowan Calmer.  Stash that I've had for years, waiting for that perfect project and hopefully it's good.  The color is really a delicate periwinkle.  Head Huggers hat

No comments: