Sunday, January 27, 2013

Unexpected Knitting

Here's the stuff I've been knitting lately.  None of it was on my radar at all.

A hat:

BobCap

It is BobCap.  A free pattern.  I used a new-to-me yarn, Cascade Pacific and I like it a lot.  It reminds me of Caron Simply Soft, only it's a merino blend that is machine washable and dryable.  What's not to love.  It might not have been the yarn that shows off the pattern the best, but I think they are OK together.  I would totally knit it again.

Two Dog Sweaters.
Dog sweaters are kind of hard to photograph if they don't have an actual dog in them.  These are for a Girl Scout friend who has a very small Chihuahua and the store-bought sweaters were all too big.  I used Brian Herzog's pattern.  The yarn is Cascade 220 Superwash Quatro on size 4 needles.

Belly View:
Dog Sweater

Side View:
Dog Sweater - side view

They look a little gas-masky without a dog, don't they?

I started another one just kind of winging it out of pink Cascade Pacific.  We'll see how it goes.

Dog Sweater

No comments: