Memorial Day weekend is one of my favorite holiday weekends of the year. We stayed close to home this weekend and did a lot.
1, On Friday, I made two Geranium dresses. One for El, one for a teacher at El's school. I really love that pattern. I'll blog the dresses this week. Still need to photgraph them.
2. We went to Legoland on Saturday. We went to both the rides and the water park. We finally saw the whole park. It was really a lot of fun. Next time, the girls are going to have to make a list of the things they want to do and we'll have to stick to it. El kept seeing one more thing that she wanted to try.
3. I managed to work in grocery shopping on Sunday. And most of the laundry.
4. We went bowling. I had a groupon that was expiring soon. It was really a lot of fun. La bowled without bumpers and she did OK. It was frustrating for her, but she did better in the 2nd game than the 1st.
5. We had burgers and dogs and corn on the cob on the grill. The burgers had bacon and cheese to make them extra-delicious. Every time I walked into the house, the whole house smelled like bacon. I decided that bacon-scented fabreeze would not be a bad thing. I imagined the commercial where you'd have the people sitting in a gross room and saying, "MMM. It smells like pancake house."
6. We watched Para-Norman, our movie from Netflix. It was cute. It had homages to many famous horror/zombie movies and a good story. It was a little scary for El, but otherwise good.
7. I made cookies. I've been meaning to make these for a while. Cake mixes were B1G1 a few weeks ago, so I bought two with no real purpose in mind. I'm not sure how, but I came across this cake mix cookie recipe. I used double fudge cake mix and a mix of brown and white chocolate chips. They're pretty good - like brownie cookies.
8. We went swimming at the big outdoor Y pool. La got "swimtested" and she can go in up to 4-5 feet. If we do it right, El will be ready to be swim tested by the end of the summer and La will be able to get the full range of the pool.
9. We saw Epic at our favorite movie theater - the one that has table service and delicous cheese fries. It was a good movie - lushly animated and a classic epic tale. Reminding me of the Wizard of Oz, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and Ants, all mixed into one.
10. We had the Knitorious Shrimp and Asparagus for dinner. It was delicious.
Next up: getting the girls to bed on time so that they can be rested for their last few days of school.