Friday, November 22, 2013

Stuff I haven't told you about yet.

So.  This semester has been a whirlwind.  Here's a digest of some stuff I've been up to.

1.  I made a dress for a birthday present.  It's the Popover Sundress from the Oliver+S blog.  Easy, fun, nice dress.
popover sundress

2.  I unsewed the shoulders of a Junior vest for a leader-friend so she could put it in a shadow box for her daughter.  I haven't given it to her yet, so I don't want to show the picture.  I also reinforced some of the badges that were threatening to fall off.  This will get a blog post one day.

3.  I did a service project with my Girl Scout troop.  As a thank-you gesture to the church where we've met since kindergarten, we planted some flowers in the courtyard.  The girls really wanted to do a project that involved painting.  I'm glad we did planting, not painting.
flowers for church

4.  The girls played a lot of soccer and we watched a lot of soccer.  We got to go see the US Women's National Team play against Brazil.  My daughter the goal keeper got a lot of photos of Hope Solo playing the game.
USA WNT vs Brazil November 2013

5.  I knit a set of 6 hats with teddy bear ears.  Once you start, it's hard to stop.  Except for hats #5 and 6.  Those are hard to keep knitting. 
neighborhood bears

6.  My aunt asked me about fixing a sweater that my grandma is wearing a lot.  My great aunt knit it for my grandfather (her brother).  It's acrylic and made of steel.  Except a few wear spots.  I've got it so that the ribbing on the bottom is back to where it is all good and now need to do the actual repair.  Also something that will get its own blog post one day.
Grandma's Sweater

7.  Oh, yeah.  And I started taking apart this quilt top.  down to the individual block level.  It's just not right.
quilt.  before unsewing

That's it for now.  I think there's a knitting project that I haven't mentioned yet.  One day. 

No comments: