Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Sometimes you need a new hat.

I had two trusty hats.  Had is a key word here.


1.  Rib A Roni.  Paton's wool.  a little too long, but keeps my ears warm. 


Ribaroni Hat


2.  A washable, easy care Hurricane hat from Plymouth something or other.Hurricane Hat


I was packing to go to camping training last weekend and couldn't find either.  They are either around somewhere or they fell out of my pocket on a cold day.  Either way....it was an opportunity to make a new hat. 


I went with the little scallops hat that's floating around pinterest.  I used handspun leftover from my mittens (so the coordinate!) and some Malabrigo worsted that I bought with no particular purpose.  If you knit the free version of little scallops with worsted or Aran weight yarn, it scales up to a grown up size.  The pattern is a little pixelated at that scale.  Otherwise, your goal is a multiple of 8 to work the chart. 


100_2987


And the bonus?  It coordinates with my mittens. 


100B1580


For my next trick, I'm starting to think scarfy.

No comments: