Saturday, June 18, 2005

Starting to feel more human

La-la and I are feeling better, and that's good.

Things are moving along with the garter stitch blankey. I'm almost through with the first ball of wool, 2nd is wound up with the two colors wound together and waiting. The rows are long enough that there's not enough time to knit a row between home and Tijuana Flats my LTS (Local Taco Stand). The sides are measuring about 2 feet, at last measure, so we're on track for using 3 (double strand) balls of yarn. I have 4, so this is good.

Everything else is holding steady. The FMB is for my sister, and her birthday is this week, and I still haven't gotten the gumption to start the handles. Sometimes, starting is the hardest part. Same with the felted slippers - still where they were last weekend, about half way done with the foot-body of the second foot. So, at least 3/4 of the way done.

I took the monkey to the library today and got Socks Socks Socks. I'm hoping to cast something on, and I'm leaning towards the anklets. Or the plane-jane ribbed socks. I had wanted to do Wendy's toe-up pattern, but maybe for my next ones. It's a little daunting. I wish my LUBS (local used book store) had a delightful selection of knitting books. They're conveniently located next to my LTS, they have a wooden train set that La-la enjoys, and had most of the books on the monkey's summer reading books, for well under $5 a pop (plus we have some used-book credit, which gets us a discount). So, the knitting selection is the only mark I have against them.

I am going to go snooze while the baby is snoozing, cause I am plum tuckered out.

No comments: