Saturday, September 03, 2005

Good News!

I found the monkey's Uncle Lionel on the Red Cross list. He's in Indianapolis, IN. It sounds like a couple of plane-loads of people went there. I think now, most of the monkey's maternal-family is accounted for, just we don't really have a way to get in touch with them to see if they need a ride or something. In my searches, I came across the National Next of Kin Registry and registered our household of people.

In knitting news....I had been struggling in figuring out what to start next. DH and I worked together to find a stitch pattern for his scarf. It's going to be in RED Cascade 220 superwash. We settled on the Horizontal Herringbone. It's October 30 in the 365 Knitting Stitches a year perpetual calendar. I swatched it up a little, and it's nice. It only has 2 lines to remember, one side has a nice herringbone pattern, the other has a reverse-stockinette feel, although it's not quite the same. It doesn't seem too curly yet, but we'll see how it turns out. It's a dense fabric because there are decreases that are re-increased all over the place. Not much horizontal stretch in the fabric at all (would not pick this for a hat, unless, maybe it were a felted bucket). I cast it on in the scarf-yarn and I have about 4 rows done. It's simple, but requires attention because there's a lot of fussing around where if you weren't paying attention you wouldn't pick up the right loop or the whole dang thing would slide off the needles.

More good news: La-la is potty trained! She got her bike yesterday, a Radio Flyer tricycle with retro styling. It looks a heck of a lot like one of the ones that my sister or I had when we were little. La-la really seems to dig it, and she rode it all the way to our former neighbor's house. She's starting to get the hang of steering it too. You know what this means. I can use the diaper storage cubbies for yarn!

I found yarn in the dollar section of Target on Friday. I saw it on someone's blog and was happy to see it for myself. I bought two skeins. The yarn looked like it had been hard hit, too, which sort of surprises me.

No comments: