Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Boy Scout Knitting

Committee meeting last night at Boy Scouts. I knit away on that second sock for Marilyn. I'm at the point where I start frantically comparing the two socks to see if it's time for the heel yet. Are we there yet? No. Are we there yet? No. If only I had taken notes or measurements or something. I'll have to figure it out tonight and write it down.

Wrap Style and Scarf Style arrived last night. Buy.com had a thing where if you spent $25, then the shipping was free. Totally worth it to get Scarf Style while I was there (the books were 10% off Amazon's price.) So, both the books for $26, where Wrap Style is listing for $21. It feels like a major shopping coup. Both books are gorgeous. Some projects that aren't up my alley, but several that look doable and the back of the book as thoughts on formulizing your own design, which will ultimately become the most useful. It's an interesting exercise to go through the book, then look at the notes on what makes a scarf or wrap and do the derivations and figure out what it is I like about the various shapes, styles, and stitches to come up with what I really want. I'm still looking for something to do for a wrap/shawl with the yarn I bought for clapotis. I really need to take a picture of the yarn. It was interesting that a lot of the wraps were done in bulky or heavy worsted yarn (4 or 5 on the new guide), at least the wraps that were interesting to me. I'll have to do some contemplating, and hopefully after the holidays I'll be able to make something nice for me. After seeing that a shrug is basically a scarf where the ends were sewn into sleeves....that's intriging too.

Crap. I just realized I'm missing a webcast on SQL Express.

No comments: