Thursday, March 30, 2006

G is for Goggles!



LaLa is really into all sorts of fancy eyewear these days. She's been wearing shades to school for the last two weeks. And she picked these up from someplace in her room (they used to belong to the monkey) and wore them in the bath last night. She has trouble getting that the phone doesn't take "action shots". Gosh. She's going to grow up in a world where it's normal to have phones that take pictures. That is too much for me to comprehend right now.

Here's another rare form shot: Superhero cape (recycled from the monkey's old Superman PJ's), the blue baby, and the Spiderman shades. What could be better?
My caped crusader

So...I made that yarn purchase. I ended up at Kyarns.com (Kaleidoscope). Little Knits is one of my all time favorites - I'm still dying to try out Cascade's Eco Wool, but I just never end up buying any of it, and they have a nice selection, they've also got an excellent selection of Cascade 220 Superwash, and they've been super about special orders. Little Knits had the needles I was looking for, but I had a wandering eye in the sock yarn department. Sounds a little defensive, doesn't it? I know I'll be back at Little Knits again, probably before my husband knows it.

I ended up with 2 skeins of Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Potluck - one in Water, one in Brights. the 2 sets of Size 13 needles, 2 skeins of Lamb's Pride Bulky (Roasted Coffee and "Midnight Green"), 2 skeins of Cascade 220 (granny smith and robin's egg blue), and 2 skeins of Lorna's Laces in Gold Hill. OK, after googling it and seeing it in pictures "in the wild", I'm not as sure that I'm going to like it, but we'll see.

For the Wiggles knitting tonight, I whipped up a LaLa sized mitten (sans thumb) for Dulaan. I'll post a recipe after I finish the second one. I used some acrylic from a project I wasn't happy with before - a toddler sweater that I only finished the back. I frogged the back, and I think the yarn is much happier as a little mitten. Tres Cute.

I have some actual High-Quality photos on film (of our day out with Thomas, of the Lady Eleanor blanket, and other things) that's been rolling around on the bottom of my purse, still waiting to be dropped at Walgreens. That's just how I roll. With the film slackers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lala is too cute as a superheroine! Great pics : )