Thursday, April 06, 2006

Random Thursday


1. You wanna see what $104 worth of yarn looks like? I'm not so sure about the Lornas Laces. It looks sort of "Christmasy". Maybe in the fall, I'll like it more. It's pretty, but I'm not sure it's me. My favorites are the cascade - the light green and light blue at the top. My next favorites are the Cherry Tree Hill SuperSock they were both potluck so they don't have an official name, only a category. The top is "brights" the bottom is "water". I think I'll call them "Electric Slide" and "Easter Egg". The Lamb's Pride that looks black is really a dark green. Those two are safe bets.

2. I made a car for the Pinewood Derby this year. Now tha the only one in the Cub Scout Pack is my husband. We had 5 cars in, I think, in "Go Team Ngo". LaLa's was a yellow firetruck, that she called "Yellow Thunder". I was really rooting for "Blue Thunder". The Monkey had a muscle car with white stripes down the top middle. DH had two cars - a wedge shaped one from this year and he entered his winner from last year. Mine was called "the Spruce Moose," and came in third in the "open" class.


3. Oh! I know. The Lady Eleanor Baby Blanket and the Baby To Whom it will belong. It's coming along. It's now about a foot wide at 5 tiers deep. I've used up most of a skein to get to this point, so I'm figuring 2-3 skeins and 15 tiers. Please pardon the couch. I think there must be some couch denial going on because I hadn't realized how spotty it had been getting. I'm not sure what to do about it, but wait until the kids are older and replace it.

Lady Eleanor Blanket Before (click for bigger)

Lady Eleanor - 38" (click for bigger)

OK. So, the baby. My newphew, formerly known as Baby #2 will be Andrew August and should be here on or before April 14. I don't know if the blanket will be ready by then, but it shouldn't be too far after, if I keep with it.

4. Our old neighbor had her baby. Monday evening via C-Section. I think we'll be stopping by with a rotisserie chicken this weekend to meet the new little one.

5. I finished the little LaLa sized mittens and started a coordinating hat. I haven't decided whether it will be a round or square hat, but I like how it's turning out so far.

6. The boys are camping this weekend. I can't tell you how much I want to go out and get another set of sock-sized DPNs, and it's going to take a lot of restraint not to do so this weekend.

7. The claim against the other driver's insurance seems to be sorted out. They approved the estimate from the body shop and I have reservations for a rental car and getting Sally (my car)fixed starting Monday(we name our cars after astronauts - Gus, Sally, and Neil so far).

No comments: