Monday, March 27, 2006

The Monday of Mondays

[If you're here for the knitting, scroll down.] I have had the Monday of Mondays today. And it started early and ran late. LaLa didn't want to get up, so that made me run late. The Monkey forgot his house key, so even though he caught a ride with DH, I ended up going to his school to drop it off. The secretary had a little knowing smile when I said "sixth grade." Making me even later - I got to work at 9:40. At work, I couldn't get anything to "go" - we're in a big push, and I was having a lot of trouble figuring out the bug I'm working on. Had to leave early because I needed to take Josh and Amelia to the Boy Scout meeting - an awards ceremony meeting, which is a lot of fun with a 3 year old. DH was going to a parent's meeting for the Cub Scouts at the same time.

I left work at 4:45 (I hate when I don't get to stay for a "full day") and got into a fender bender on the way home. Ugh. The first thing the lady says to me is, "Where did you come from?" I was going straight, trucking along at 45 MPH. She turned onto my road from a side street - one that seriously needs a light, espcially during rush hour, and she turned right, into the far lane, basically merging into me. My side mirror left a long scrape on the left side of her mini van. She wanted to just let it go - which is what she did with a previous accident, and pointed out the dents on the right side of her van - but I made her give me her info and gave her mine. Continued on towards the expressway and headed home. There's some damage near my right front tire and my right side mirror. The car definitely needs an alignment but I don't know if most of the damage is purely cosmetic or if there's any structural issues. I was driving my Accord, which I am still paying for.

We managed to make it to the various meetings pretty close to on time, and LaLa was mostly behaved. Luckily almost everyone there has had a 3 year old at one time.

I think I'm going to console myself with some yarn purchases. I'm not sure what to do about my car, but I guess I'll deal with that in the morning.

Here is the knitting update: But first, let me say that I have 2 rolls of film in my purse ready to be developed, with some recent knitting photos on them. The Lady Eleanor baby blanket is moving right along. I'm on the fourth tier. It turns out that it's going to be about 38 inches wide, and I'm anticipating needing 10 or 11 tiers. It takes a while to get done with a "row", but when you're done, you've really made an impact.

I turned the heel on one of my pewter socks and am working on the gusset decreases. I think it's really pretty for a gray sock. I really like the feel of the yarn. It has a nice smooth sheeny feel.

I made a garter stitch scarf this weekend, probably for Dulaan. I had been thinking about the 40 days for others knit along and my bins of stash yarn. I really meant to cast on for mittens, thinking I could get a kid-sized pair of mittens done, no problem. But I saw the bulky navy blue LionBrand something or other (Might have been WoolEase Thick And Quick or similar) and used one skein for a 12-stitch wide garter stitch scarf. Fits LaLa pretty well. I figure I'll make a coordinating hat with the othe skein if I have suitably sized DPN or circs. Or I can just make another garter stitch scarf.

No comments: