Happy Easter! (Or, if you don't celebrate Easter, Happy Sunday!)
So, the quilt strips have not only been ironed, but sewn together. Now the next question is what to use for the back. Went through the stash and found some choices. I would love to hear your input. Got opinions from DH, La, and the monkey and they each picked a different one. Frankly, there is no particular recipient yet, which DH points out is why this is a hard question. I do know that it's a "girl quilt" but not sure who it's for exactly.
1. Blue and white striped seersucker. Crisp and summery. Neutral. (DH's favorite)
2. Blue shirting. Sort of like oxford cloth, but a little more slippery.
3. Striped seersucker. Somehow this one has kind of a 70's palette and yet the colors work well with the colors on the front.
4. Blue and yellow flowers. From my grandmother's stash. smooth cotton. might be sheeting. (La's favorite).
5. Pink and red flowers. Terrycloth. From my grandmother's stash. Can't tell if this will be soft and snuggly or not.
6a and 6b. Pink with bouquets and pink with castles and horses and carriages. From my grandmother's stash. Neither are quite big enough to be the back on its own, so would be pieced, probably in wide stripes. (the monkey's pick) At least one of these fabrics has a cerain amount of grunginess that either needs to be cut around or washed out.
I would love to hear your opinion.