I finished the knit hat for the whipper-snapper. Well, except for weaving in the ends and making the pom-poms. Instead of figuring out the decreases in pattern, which believe me, I did try, I ended up with a square hat. I can't help but think they're darn cute.
I've been tackling the pile of fabric on the
From L to R: for the whippersnapper, La, and the monkey. La and the Monkey have already put theirs to use. Reports are the fabric is soft.
Also, another pair of shorts with pockets for La. Clearance fabric from Joann's. Seersucker. Has a silver thread running through it every so often. This really reminds me of my mom for some reason.
Here's a closeup of the closing for the elastic casing. I've started sewing it with contrast thread (project thread still in the bobbin - the contrast only shows on the inside). This way 4 year olds and their mothers can tell which side is the front. Without having to think back to the pattern and that the "big notches" were in the back.
Well, DH's socks are really almost done. 1 or 2 rows until the toe decreases so maybe I can get them done tonight. Have a good day tonight.