Thursday, September 06, 2007

A Quandary

lemongrass Sweater


So, about that knitting and carpal tunnel thing. I checked in with the doctor (via their web site) about the carpal tunnel and mentioned that my husband wants to know if I should stop knitting.

This is the nurse's response:



I got your message to the Dr and he said that you do need to stop the knitting. You can discuss further at your next appt. Thanks Brandy

Poop. I hate when he's right about that kind of thing. And it does seem kind of reasonable that that would be the grownup thing to do.

But I'm 3/4 of the way through a baby sweater sized 0-3 months (for a December baby in Florida) that I was kind of hoping she could wear home from the hospital. OTOH, I don't really want to do anything that could make the carpal tunnel stuff last post-partum. I've got less than 7" left to go! 1/2 with about 50 stitches and 1/2 with about 25. The agony!

No comments: