Wednesday, February 13, 2008

40 Days of Finishing?

I finished a pair of baby socks to send to Afghans for Afghans Newborn Campaign. They are from the Mim Knits Baby to Toddler Socks, knit on size 0 needles, using Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn, leftover from my Monkey socks. It was a fun pattern, a little fiddly, but with socks that small, it's hard to avoid a certain amount of fiddliness. I will probably make more sometime.

newborn sized socks

The insides, I thought, were pretty neat too.

sock insides

Next, I'm really looking forward to finishing some stuff that's nearly done. The sweater for DH is about a sleeve-inch or two away from being done up to the armpits - all it will need is shoulders and a neck. Also looking forward to finishing the 2nd monkey sock for my friend. And El's knit blankie. That's three projects right there on the downhill slope. It might also be nice to finish my shetland triangle. The couch blanket might be nice to work on also. At the very least, I should get some update progress shots on all of them.

No comments: