Sunday, February 17, 2008

To Frog Or Not To Frog

That is the question.
Tis nobler to finish up already after such a long time on the needles
Or to redo five inches of the body to add increases for the chest
As it is, will it show off the chest with negative ease or will it be too tight to wear with a shirt underneath?
Now that the sleeves are joined and it's almost time for the saddle
is it Too Late to decide that it's too small?
Gauge you fickle mistress.
Measurements even fickler.

DH Sweater

I joined up the sleeves to the body this weekend. I knit 1 1/2 inches after the join. (lots of good couch time on Saturday) I read the saddle decrease instructions several times. Finally got out a calculator and tape measure and figured out that it fits DH at the waist, but probably not at the chest. I'm sort of on the fence about how to fix it. The right answer is probably to rip it back south of the joining round by about 5" and add in some increases under the armpits and he'd have a spiffy, tailored sweater. But I'm not quite there yet mentally. I think I'll work on the monkey socks instead.

No comments: