Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Almost Done

This semester has been a doozy. Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, T-Ball, Tutoring, Growing Teeth. Wow. We're on the home stretch - but it's that part where they jam a whole lot (even more!?!?!) into two weeks. Ugh.

My sewing machine has been out of commission since the last post too. Well. I had just gotten the machine back from servicing. I started making baby gift receiving blankets. And the zig zag was berserk. So, I did what any sensible person would do. I bought a Bernina. But it took from March to May before I got a chance to do the sew-in, and I still haven't found time to take any classes. So, hopefully, I'll get back to the gazillion sewing projects I have lined up. Plus La and DH have been queueing up projects for me too.

I've been knitting. Lots almost done there.
1. I finished (almost. except for the ends and the buttons) this sweater for El. It's Swing Thing, and it was a lot of fun to knit. The blue is the Lion-Brand Cotton Ease I got for Christmas. The green, I just picked up cause I liked it.
Swing Thing!

2. I finished the RPM socks for me. These were also highly fun to knit. The yarn and the pattern I'd been saving for a long time....the yarn is Colinette Jitterbug, and boy did they turn the bathwater green when I washed them.
RPM

3. Hats. These are similar to the Kaleidescope Super Bulky Button hat. Except they're not super bulky. The one with the star is the "first draft" and is now for La. The one with the flower button is for me. Delightfully, I think I've used up nearly all of the Classic Elite Beatrice. Like the sweater, they still need the buttons sewn on. Maybe the ends woven in too. But dude. It's May in Florida. I have plenty of time.
Beatrice Hat - LaBeatrice Hat - Me

So....that means on the needles I have....a square for the Barn Raising blanket, a pair of socks for me, a super-secret birthday gift for my sister. Luckily, none of it is complicated.

No comments: