Thursday, August 20, 2009

Meet the Teacher Tomorrow! Wow!

I've been doing a lot of sewing. Also, I've been back to the film camera, so I end up with batch updates.

1. I finished this baby quilt for my friends who are due this fall.
And a little hat and big sister gifts - doll quilt and doll hat.
Baby Quilt!

2. I've been knitting too. I'm working on a Feb. Lady Sweater in Cascade Eco +. For me. First sweater for me that has gotten this far.
Feb. lady Sweater for me

3. I made El the Flowergirl Dress from Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross. If I had read any other blog posts about it, I would have measured the pattern piece against a dress or shirt that actually fits her. I got it all done and then it wouldn't get onto her body - she couldn't get her shoulders/arms through the bodice. I ended up recutting the bodice pieces a little larger. I toyed with the idea of a gusset at first, but it seemed tricky to implement and only a little less unsewing. The results are more like a jumper, but that's fine too. Later on, I made myself the "wrap skirt" which will hopefully be photographed at some point. I have some lessons learned about the book as a whole. I may need to redo the buttons/button holes/strap situation on the dress, but I'm going to wash it first, before I try more tricks.

Resizing the bodice

'

No comments: