Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Dude. It's another quilt top.

I've been thinking about this one for a really long time. I bought most of the fabric for this when I was expecting. Because, you know, at 36 weeks pregnant is the best time to start a queen size quilt. So, that would have been November 2007.

I spent a lot of time thinking about what would be "perfect".

I saw a picture of Mitch Cope, PowerHouse, and other artists in an in-flight magazine story about Detroit. Thought that house would make a neat quilt. So, I bought some more fabric (the non-green). Washed it. Cut strips. Made a little test run to see if I liked it.

Finally, in May 2010, I pieced this.


quilt top

But, I think this will be the actual orientation:

quilt top

I have a sheet to sew on the back, to make it "summer weight". Hopefully, I'll get it the rest of the way finished soon.

No comments: