Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Umm. So, do you want to see what I've been knitting?

Let's see.  I don't have fabulous FO shots, but this is what I do have:

1.  I finished these socks for my sister.  They are similar to Knitty's Broadripple, but the stitch pattern is K2 YO K3 K2tog K2 K2tog K3 YO K2
The yarn is Lorna's Laces Shephard Sock.  They fit her perfectly and she likes them.  :-)
Sock for Becky

2.  I finished this hat for my brother in law, Rob.  It's Cascade 200 Superwash and part of the "Warm Woolens for my Sister's Family" project of 2011.  It really deserves a good FO picture, so you may be seeing it again.  Also, I haven't washed/blocked it yet.  But it's really cool.  It's the Jacques Cousteau Hat I used mods from two different people - one was the size of the needles (it was really unpleasant to knit that tightly, but I like the results so far) and the cast on number (100), the other was to do the decreases as 4 lines instead of 3, to lessen the pointiness of the top of the hat.
Casteau Hat

3.  I finished a scarf for my brother in law.  It's the same yarn as the hat.  It's like a mistake rib stitch pattern.  CO 33 stitches, K2P2 to last stitch, K1. 
Scarf for Rob

4.  I'm working on a scarf for my nephew.  It's K2P2 rib, in a Cascade 220 Superwash Quatro.  I tried a lot of things and came back to this.  I really liked how the yarn looked in stockinette stitch.  El, my 3 year old cut the yarn and cut into the skein.  I'm thinking about how to work in the stripes of blue into some other project.  Or, maybe fringes.
Nephew scarf

I finished the scarf for my sister and the hat for my other nephew.  So, left to do are:  a hat for my sister, a scarf for nephew #2, and a hat for nephew #1.

No comments: