I have not been doing a lot of sewing. I'm not sure why - I haven't felt compelled to piece any quilts in the last year or more. The sewing I've been doing has been pretty rote pajama pants or tote bags. I think it's a work/life balance issue. If work is in a creative phase (e.g. coding/debugging), I don't end up doing a lot of crafting at home (and vice versa).
I've had the sewing machine out on the dining room table for like a month or so and it helped a little - I could go do something quickly without a lot of unearthing or setting up. I can't remember the things that I did with it out, but I definitely did stuff with it.
I made a decision about this quilt top. I'm going to have Darlene quilt it. She quilted the monkey's quilt. I found material for the back. The tie-dye material would have been pajama pants for the girls, but I never got around to making them. It'll be great. I just need to do the prep to make it go.
I pieced a quit to donate to Project Linus. It was a good exercise. I'm not completely happy with the results, but it will probably be a very good quilt anyway (for someone else).
I started this last year sometime. It was following a tutorial at Crazy Mom Quilts. I would have been happier with it if (a)I had maintained good seam allowances and (b)I followed the assembly directions instead of trying my own thing. The color combination feels Christmassy too, which wasn't what I was going for.
If I had followed the directions and pieced it neatly, it would have been like this.
Instead I ended up with this. It bugs me that the colors are touching and it didn't stay running bond, only sloppy bond.
However, this rocket ship material for the back is what just might save the day. The colors and youthfulness are perfect and it might even make a better front than a back. :-s We'll see what happens.